Monday, April 10, 2006

Trying new things...

So I decided to step out of my comfort zone in my eating habits. Sure, I still eat mostly junk, I'm sure. And I rely on Dr. Peppers way too much, but I am taking steps at adding new foods to my palate. Right now, it is to the point where I can eat things without making a face.

A "plus" with my current job, it makes me eat things that I probably normally wouldn't. For example, I've probably had asparagus 5 times in the last month, mainly in the last two weeks thanks to a few "work" events and eating once at Lucilynn's. By the fifth time, I just laugh when I see it and eat it. No big deal... definitely something I wouldn't request though.

Today's "out of my comfort zone" choice was the spinach stromboli at Double dave's. I had a little section of it... and while I definitely wouldn't call it good, I ate it. I can't see eating more than one though...

Next on the list of changes, drinking a little more water (oh wait, drinking water period) and playing my dance game more often. I've found that it is definitely a ton easier playing it when no one else is at home, which isn't often.

I hope y'all are having a happy Monday! *green in honor of asparagus and spinach.